Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Colorful Faux-Dinner

Just wanted to share a recent, rather colorful, dinner. This was a super quick and easy meal that ended up looking very nice once it was plated. So my dinner guests weren't allowed to eat until I photographed their plates!


I made turkey burger patties by mixing all kinds of yummy spices with the meat--sea salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, curry powder.....Then I sauteed some veggies--peppers, red onions, zucchini--in grapeseed oil and served it over a bed of organic greens.



The mashed potatoes are, in fact, NOT potatoes at all! Mashed Faux-tatoes is one of my favorite recipes.

It also has the cheesiest name.

But I'm sure you'll forgive me that when you get over the fact that it's actually cauliflower!

Here's the recipe:

1 med. head cauliflower, steamed
1/2 c. organic butter
1/2 tsp. sea salt
ground black pepper to taste
minced chives (optional, not pictured)

Throw the steamed cauliflower in a blender or food processor with the butter, sea salt and pepper. Then blend.

How easy is that?

I like easy.

As a side note, I've made the faux-tatoes for quite a few people without telling them what it was. They never questioned the potato-ness of the dish!

They are also superb when served underneath a ladle-full of chili.

1 comment:

  1. I've made mashed cauliflower before and was surprised at how much I liked it! And I'm not that big on raw cauliflower. It was nice meeting you too! :) I'm adding you to my Google Reader so I can follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails