Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Perfect Omelet

I just had to share a picture of this omelet.

Never before (and possibly never again) have I made an omelet this pretty.

No oozing, no lost vegetables, no misshapen egg blobs.....

Hopefully you're not expecting me to tell you how you can make a perfect omelet as well, because, like I said, it may not be possible to replicate this more than once every hundred years or so.

But I can tell you how I usually make my omelets, which are not only tasty, but economical.

2 eggs, beaten
Sea salt
Ground black pepper
Dried basil
Chopped onion
Chopped bell pepper
Goat cheese

Beat eggs, sea salt, pepper and basil together in a small bowl.

Heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in a small frying pan. Pour egg mixture into pan and let cook for 1-2 minutes.

Add vegetables and goat cheese to one half of the omelet. When the egg is mostly set, fold the empty half over the vegetables and cheese using a spatula.

Do your best to seal the omelet along the open edge. If you succeed in making a pretty omelet, please send me a picture and tell me how!

What do you put in your omelets?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails