Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zucchini in Abundance

Summer squash grows like a weed (read: very well) in most people's gardens.

And while I don't have a garden of my own yet, everyone else I know who does grow veggies in their yard shares their excess with me!

So with bags of zucchini (and yellow squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, etc.....), what do I do with it all??

For starters, we have been eating lots of straight up sauteed squash and zucchini.



I cook it in coconut oil, seasoned with sea salt.

It's so simple, but tastes so wonderful!

My Zucchini Chocolate Chip muffins were edible, but I haven't quite perfected the recipe yet.

But I did succeed in baking a most beautiful loaf of zucchini bread.


Here's my recipe:

3 eggs, well beaten
1 c. honey
2 c. raw, grated, peeled zucchini (I use my VitaMix to grate these)
3 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. grapeseed oil
3 c. brown rice flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda

Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
Bake in a bread loaf pan (greased, I rub a butter wrapper in the pan) at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

What do you do with zucchini? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails